[Info-ingres] TERM_INGRES

Karl Schendel schendel at kbcomputer.com
Wed Dec 22 00:27:23 UTC 2021

> On Dec 21, 2021, at 6:58 PM, Rich Ford <richford990 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have a new installation on Linux and the install setup konsolel for TERM_INGRES.
>
> This works for the most part but I can't get the F3 key to work.
>
> Is additional configuration required?

Are you in fact using a KDE konsole terminal window?

If you go to Settings -> Edit current profile -> Keyboard, is it set to
Default (xfree 4)?

If you do:  cat -v -
in the window, and press F3, do you get ^[OR (i.e. ESC O R)?

If the first two are yes and the last is no, I think you'll have to go to
KDE System Settings and fiddle with the Input Devices / Keyboard
settings to get your keyboard to send the right thing.  Or, you could
edit your local $II_SYSTEM/ingres/files/termcap file to change
the konsole k3 parameter to whatever your keyboard is actually sending.

Karl